CPU Voltage?

When you reach a voltage that is not supplying enough current the cpu "starves" for power in much the same way we would starve for oxygen under water, it doesn't receive enough to continue operating, this can cause the programme to crash or in extreme cases the whole pc can crash.

Torture test it is, the top one stresses cpu's the most, the second one will give max heat output, the third one is the best for testing memory.

When you reach a voltage that is not supplying enough current the cpu "starves" for power in much the same way we would starve for oxygen under water, it doesn't receive enough to continue operating, this can cause the programme to crash or in extreme cases the whole pc can crash.

Torture test it is, the top one stresses cpu's the most, the second one will give max heat output, the third one is the best for testing memory.

How long does it take? for the first one. Im running it right now.

9-12 hours is considered the required time to show up any errors. I usually run it overnight, around 10 hours.

9-12 hours is considered the required time to show up any errors. I usually run it overnight, around 10 hours.

I have it overclocked to 3024 Mhz (Procesor) from 2.4 ghz. I found that the CPU Voltage went up to 1.45 after i overclocked. I put it back down to 1.2. Is that okay?

I have it overclocked to 3024 Mhz (Procesor) from 2.4 ghz. I found that the CPU Voltage went up to 1.45 after i overclocked. I put it back down to 1.2. Is that okay?
You might be OK, I'm thinking you'll need more like 1.2500 to 1.2750, it varies from board to board, do as cryman has said, run the stress test, it's a sure fire way to find out.

With 1.45 I can run at 3.6GHz so it is definitely too much for a 3.0GHz oc.

:D

You might be OK, I'm thinking you'll need more like 1.2500 to 1.2750, it varies from board to board, do as cryman has said, run the stress test, it's a sure fire way to find out.

With 1.45 I can run at 3.6GHz so it is definitely too much for a 3.0GHz oc.

:D

Stress test seems very lengthy. How do i know exactly if it is bad? its at 1.25 by the way. And i run the first torture test right?

The stress test will run indefinitely until you stop it.

If a worker thread fails the green icon (top left corner of each worker thread window) will turn red and the text will say worker thread stopped, you can't miss it when it happens.

To be 100% certain I run both top (small FFTs) and bottom (blend) overnight, usually around 10 hours each, it might be overkill to some but I've had failures in the 8th - 9th hours before.

The stress test will run indefinitely until you stop it.

If a worker thread fails the green icon (top left corner of each worker thread window) will turn red and the text will say worker thread stopped, you can't miss it when it happens.

To be 100% certain I run both top (small FFTs) and bottom (blend) overnight, usually around 10 hours each, it might be overkill to some but I've had failures in the 8th - 9th hours before.

I did one with everest ultimate edition and the cpu went to around 56c.

Back
Top Bottom