No boot, post, or input!!!

peacemaker898

Solid State Member
My computer stopped booting after overclocking. It would start up, as in all the fans turned on, but there was no input into the monitor. I tried switching out the CPU, the PSU, the RAM, the motherboard, the graphics card, the monitor, the monitor cable, the power supply cable, every other cable.

This leads me to believe I left something out simple. My connections are setup right, I've had several computer savvy people look over it.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

reset the bios to default your computers shutting off because of heat
(take out the battery on the motherboard) wait 2min put it back in
or if you have a bios reset button your your motherboard most do

I did that before I replaced the motherboard (I RMA'd and have a new one now). I guess I could give it another go.

Okay did that, still no change.

Sorry for the double post, does anybody have any clue. I really don't want to have to either call some guy to come over here and tell me what I already know or throw the computer in the trash.

Sorry for the double post, does anybody have any clue. I really don't want to have to either call some guy to come over here and tell me what I already know or throw the computer in the trash.
Make sure the PCI-E Power is plugged into your video card if its needed.

Try different memory?

Maybe you got another bad motherboard?

The PCI-E is in, it should boot without memory, right? I tried with and without it.

Another bad motherboard? It wasn't bad to begin with, I thought it might've been, but when I switched them out nothing changed.

He tried memory, as he said. And he replaced his mobo once. Maybe the outlet is bad? *shrug*

He tried memory, as he said. And he replaced his mobo once. Maybe the outlet is bad? *shrug*

You have a good point, but if the power supply wasn't receiving power or was switched off, the fans wouldn't run, and my understanding is that the fans run but there is no video.

^You understand correct.^

I also swapped out the PSU for another WORKING one. No difference :/

Tried a couple different power strips...

This is a mystery.

Oh, I read that wrong.

That is weird... I've never heard of anything like this. Maybe it's a combination of things? Wow this is frikkin' weird.

Back
Top Bottom