CPU Voltage?

jashan17

In Runtime
I just turned down my CPU voltage to 1. It was 1.2 before. Now im getting 35c on my CPU temp. What does CPU voltage do? Does it decrease performance if i turn it down?
EDIT: I set it to 1.05

CPU's run on electricity, cpu voltage is the amount of volts provided to the cpu to run.

1.0v is a good voltage if it is stable, have you tested for stability with prime95?

I couldn't get mine stable with less than 1.1v

CPU's run on electricity, cpu voltage is the amount of volts provided to the cpu to run.

1.0v is a good voltage if it is stable, have you tested for stability with prime95?

I couldn't get mine stable with less than 1.1v

What do you mean stable? Does turning down the voltage decrease the performance?

EDIT: How do i test for stability in Prime95?

Stable is being able to run at full load without crashing the programme, prime95 is designed to load up all four cores to 100%, if your cpu isn't stable then one or more of the "worker threads" in prime95 will crash.

No it won't decrease performance.

Stable is being able to run at full load without crashing the programme, prime95 is designed to load up all four cores to 100%, if your cpu isn't stable then one or more of the "worker threads" in prime95 will crash.

No it won't decrease performance.

So how do i set up Prime95 for testing?

lol, I'll have to have a look, torture test iirc, I've just formatted too so I'll have to reinstall it.

Won't be long

Back
Top Bottom