Vista 64-Bit VS. 32-Bit

jashan17

In Runtime
Which should i get? I have 4gb of memory but have heard that there is a lot of compatibility issuse with 64-bit.. Right now i am running on xp proffesional 64-bit.

oh ok then.. there are 32bit applications and 64bit application. there are less 64bit applications. (not sure y) and 34bit apps only work on a 32bit OS and vise versa. so if ur used to dealing with the 64bit apps then go for 64bit Vista but id go with 32bit vista, cuz SP1 is gonna solve the issue with the RAM showing up and will show all 4 gigs

oh ok then.. there are 32bit applications and 64bit application. there are less 64bit applications. (not sure y) and 34bit apps only work on a 32bit OS and vise versa. so if ur used to dealing with the 64bit apps then go for 64bit Vista but id go with 32bit vista, cuz SP1 is gonna solve the issue with the RAM showing up and will show all 4 gigs

where did u here this from?
and thats not true 32bit apps can run on a 64bit os
just as 16bit apps can run on a 32bit
most games are 64/32 bit
and who said sp1 would allow vista 32bit to see 4g of ram
no 32bit os can do that to my knowledge

Soooooo, 64 or 32 bit? I mostly do high quality video editing and play high end games...

where did u here this from?
and thats not true 32bit apps can run on a 64bit os
just as 16bit apps can run on a 32bit
most games are 64/32 bit
and who said sp1 would allow vista 32bit to see 4g of ram
no 32bit os can do that to my knowledge

SP1 will show 4GB, I have the beta version and it shows all 4gb, so it's true

Ummm. Windows XP pro 64-bit is annoying..Windows live programs do not work on it. What are the benenfits?

Back
Top Bottom