Hey

MadSlaveGarden

Baseband Member
I'm the new kid on the block. I have a question, could someone help me pick out a new system? I have a budget of about $500, I want a PC than can handle the latest games on high settings. Is it even possible? or do I need to save some up? thanks

For $500 you could probably get a good video card and a processor, and maybe some ram if you find a deal, but you can't build a whole computer that will handle the latest games. You need to up your budget or lower your pc standards.

welcome hope you have fun here. if you mean new games as in crysis you have a long ways to go.
if not then look around places like ibuypower and hypersonic and major brands like hp and gateway and maybe dell.

Alright thanks, can I get an average price on what that would cost me? A system that can play crysis on high settings.

nthing right now can play crysis on high. get a 8800GTS and play it on med/high (in between kinda) or wait till the 9000s come out and SLI two 9800's then u could prollly max crysis. (pointless cuz it looks great on med.)

Well for a system that will almost max crysis it will probably cost you 10 grand about.

For 500, you could probably get a cheap AMD dual core system. Like a 4000+, 2gb ram, and a 8600gt. That system will probably play crysis on low. The price doesnt include the monitor.

Save some money.

For one grand you can get a system (without peripherals) that can run Crysis on medium settings.

For one grand you can get a system (without peripherals) that can run Crysis on medium settings.

I agree.

1K is going to get you a system capable of playing the latest games although Crysis being probably the only one that won't play on very high. Depending on your resolutions yes high is possible if you select the right parts and do some tweaking and overclocking.

Granted you'll still need to acquire a keyboard/mouse/monitor/OS and whatever other peripherals you desire. I only listed ones you'll need.

Back
Top Bottom