is this a good download and upload speed?

um i have comcast cable i have their triple play deal phone yv and internet for 99 dollers a month i belive we have the 6mb connection but it seems like a run alot faster than that cuz isnt 30,000 kb/s dl speed like T1 or T2?

I wish that mine was that fast!!! Comcast is not available where I live, so I have to be happy with satellite. It's not nearly as fast as your connection, but it sure beats the dial-up we used to have.

Your download speed is really good. However, I don't understand why your upload speed is so much slower. You should have closer speeds. For instance I just did a speed test from Toronto to New York. I got 9815kb/s download and 967kb/s upload.

With you getting 30mb/s download and only 1490 kb/s upload there seems to be a problem with your upload speeds. You might want to look into that.

Your download speed is really good. However, I don't understand why your upload speed is so much slower. You should have closer speeds. For instance I just did a speed test from Toronto to New York. I got 9815kb/s download and 967kb/s upload.

With you getting 30mb/s download and only 1490 kb/s upload there seems to be a problem with your upload speeds. You might want to look into that.

upload speeds are always REALLY low and I think its on a Down to up speed ratio thats why it seems that way,

this is really weird i did another speed test at the same site and my speeds were drasticly diffrent heres the link the diffrence is like wow. why would it be so diffrent?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/232643124.png

That's faster then the theoretical maximum that cable can do, that speed test is an error, the java based speed tests can mess up like that.

The maximum for the DOCSIS 1 / 2 Cable system is 38 meg, you can't get cable internet faster than that.

is this a good download and upload speed?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out those speeds are very good, your not trying to show off what you have are you? ;)

I use that site to test my speed as well. However, a lot of ISP's have their own speed site, or ftp server you connect to, to get the true speed. At least my ISP does.

Back
Top Bottom