ATI vs. NVIDIA

i usually go with nvidia as there cards are easier to understand.

100 series are not to good 300 slightly better 600 r the standard and the 800 - 900 are just the monsters,

nice and simple and to this day i still dont get the ATI range,

although i do know the new ati 3870X2 is destroying nvidia at the moment

Not being able to understand the model numbers is not a very good reason to not buy an ATI GPU. They are better than Nvidia in the mainstream market.

I am an nvidia fan. ATI fell behind after the 8 series, and is just starting to catch up, while nvidia is on to new things.

ATI currently have the fastest graphics card available.

exactly and i would like to state that benchmarks arent always the best thing to go about,

i bet none of you that think ati cards are slow have used it in conjunction with the amd chipset with an ati southbridge, it works like a charm, only way my x1950 pro is running crysis with only a 4000+ brisbane on all high with max rez of 1440x900 at 25 fps on average.

Not being able to understand the model numbers is not a very good reason to not buy an ATI GPU. They are better than Nvidia in the mainstream market.

i think it is,

if the manafacturer cant be bothered to put out a simple performance plan to see there graphics card power / performance then IMO there not worthy of my custom,

for instance look at intel and AMD both great manafacturers and queit simply name there CPU's in performce e.g the 6000+ is better than the 4000+ or the E6600 is better than then E4600

simple.

Back
Top Bottom