ps3 to tv, what cable?

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;754482 said:
PS3's don't come with component there sold separately.

I think your referring to composites ins and he does not want to use those. Composite are only capable of 480I signals.
Hmm...whats the difference between component and composite?

Composite is the yellow (video), red and white (sound)cables and they're only capable of outputting 480i.

Component is the green, red, blue (video), red and white (sound). It's capable of anything up to 1080p (but some HDTVs don't allow for 1080p through component).

Composite is the yellow (video), red and white (sound)cables and they're only capable of outputting 480i.

Component is the green, red, blue (video), red and white (sound). It's capable of anything up to 1080p (but some HDTVs don't allow for 1080p through component).
Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

Are you sure its noticing the fact that its a HDTV, and not just sending a 480p signal to it?
Check in the video settings, and try 720p and 1080p connections to see which one looks best.

It should automatically find it, but maybe your TV doesn't have that function.

Are you sure its noticing the fact that its a HDTV, and not just sending a 480p signal to it?
Check in the video settings, and try 720p and 1080p connections to see which one looks best.

It should automatically find it, but maybe your TV doesn't have that function.

Usually the console can auto-detect the optimum settings, but it's best to double check with the PS3's settings first.

Back
Top Bottom