ps3 to tv, what cable?

kostonbleeds

In Runtime
my roommate got a ps3 and a 32' sharp hdtv. the only problem is is that the picture looks like ass. he got a cheap 20 dollar hdmi cable at wally world and i was wondering if that was it? what do you guys use for the ps3 cable?

HDMI either transmits or it doesn't. That means a $12 cable is just as good as a $100 cable. Its most likely in the PS3 or TV settings making it look bad.

Try getting a calibration disc and tune the settings. If it doesn't help you could try component inputs they also except 1080P signals the only difference HDMI is one cable instead of 3 cables carrying the sound/audio.

I think your TV just needs calibrated for optimum picture to be honest.

also he didnt get a remote with it, can anyone suggest a good remote for it. the oversized remote he got wont let him change any settings

Did you try using the component cable that came with the ps3 to see what the picture looks like?

It's most likely the PS3's settings. Most HDMI cables are all the same regardless of the price. They just try to win you over with all that marketing stuff like "shielding" and whatnot.

well 90 is more than sharp wants for the remote specifically for the tv so he'll prolly just go with that

Back
Top Bottom