wireless internet and online gaming

wow dood. absynth i have no clue what that means. my bad.

Its no prob man. Its just me I always seem to get in rants when the topic of Hi Speed come into play. Just a little bit of :jealousy: until the point I can get a full on wired connection I'll probably continue to rant when the topic comes up but its no offense to you just me being bitter. :(

BTW congrats on surpassing 1k Guru!

right now im literally 200m out of dsl reach, i can literally see the houses that can get it but i guess the isps are just too lazy, also here its too hilly for wireless, you can't even get a signal on a cell phone unless its a damn good one. Thank god im moving though.

One more question, how fast is wireless internet Mbps on average?

right now im literally 200m out of dsl reach, i can literally see the houses that can get it but i guess the isps are just too lazy, also here its too hilly for wireless, you can't even get a signal on a cell phone unless its a damn good one. Thank god im moving though.

One more question, how fast is wireless internet Mbps on average?

It depends on the available coverage in your area. There are different types. If you only have Nationwide which is what I'm currently stuck on until the tower updates. Its 144Kbps down and around 80Kbps up.

Rev 0 areas are 400-700Kbps on average can't find the peak link.

Rev A areas are up to like 3.8Mbps in certain areas.

I'd go to either Sprint or Verizons website and type in the address your moving to and see whats available. I recommend going to sprint first since there unlimited completely. Your capped on Verizons network although I'm willing to bet the current caps are going to go up soon.

Well, if you are talking wireless like cellular broadband, then gaming shouldn't be a problem, but if you are talking wireless like satellite, then you will have problems gaming. With satellite all they focus on is download speeds, not upload speeds. Upload speeds and pings are horrible, making gaming just about impossible.

i just want wireless (not satelite) that will be good with gaming and have better download speeds than dialup. I have done a bit of research and they seem to cap you off at a certain limit like 20 gb, Does anyone know if it is easy to reach this limit because people in my family like to download alot.

works fine for my friend. we play halo sometimes and there is no lag
20gb a day? that alot. if its in a month thats still alot.

The only one that isn't capped is Sprints service. Verizon's current cap is 5GB but should be going up. Sprints coverage zone is a lot smaller than Verizon's though.

As said before forget about gaming on Satellite. There best plan with wild blue caps you at 17GB per month.

20GB shouldn't be hard to do if you do a lot of music/video downloading. I'm rather capped at 5GB so I'll be mainly using it for surfing the web with a occasional download here and there. But then again I only use my computer around 15 days out of the month so its really decent for my needs. It would be nice to have a higher comfort zone though 5gb isn't that much when you start downloading games and updates.

Back
Top Bottom