I'm about to be extremly pissed off!

So my wireless PC card from Verizon should be arriving sometime this afternoon via Fed Ex. Deciding to get a jump on things and hoping I may be able to create and activate my account this morning I log into verizon. They gave me a wireless number to identify the account even though its not a phone its a PC card.

So after I input that and enter account details it gives me a email reply stating the temporary password was sent to my mobile number. Well thats just freaking great. So I start trying to find the live chat option that I had found before. I get on with live chat and they refer me to the customer service number. I swear there live support are just bots.

I dial them up and he explains that if it doesn't come to my mobile number I'll have to get it sent via snail mail. What kind of dumbass company does this? I ordered a wireless PC broadband card not a damn cell phone. Why would they try and send a text to a mobile number they new was just a account identification number. At this point I became quite pissed for reasons more so mentioned below. But I ask if I will be able to activate the equipment today because if I have to wait for something to come via mail i'm going to be extremely pissed off.

He said the stuff should come with the card and I can call in to activate which should be fun. I really do enjoy spending they day talking to support in some 3rd world country.

But here is the thing that has me wondering if I just dropped a few hundred on some shady marketing. This kind of reminds me of Amazon and there yes we have it in stock but after placing a order you find out they really don't have it. Thats about my analogy to this. While I was waiting for support I decided to fiddle with there coverage map a little and check things. For some reason I felt like something like this would and wouldn't you know it did happen.

When I had originally placed my order I put my neighbors address in which is roughly 300 feet or so to the left of my residence. The thumbtack should be over to the right slightly but my address isn't in there database yet. The address I used was clearly listed, that I was in the broadband coverage area. Now when I key the address in guess what the no coverage area looks to have grown. I find it quite ironic after I place a order to the fringe zone there coverage map shrinks. If I get screwed today and have to take this back because they changed there damn coverage i'm shoving that card up someones ass down at verizon!

Just take a look and tell me this wouldn't get you pissed off and worried you just spent a few hundred for something marketed clearly to get you to buy it then change the maps. Granted if it doesn't work I can take it back and get refunded but its just the fact there clearly doing some shady business practices.

Here was my original address with the broadband coverage in deep blue over the thumbtack.

VerizonBroadbandedited-1.jpg

Now here it is today the same address key in. Funny how it has changed since i'm now a customer.

VerizonBroadbandEditpart2.jpg

Like I said I'll fill you in when it actually arrives today. I'm thinking I just took one in the ass though. Whats weird is I spoke with a local rep and he stated that if I got cell coverage I'd be able to get the broadband.

I borrowed a friends phone from work to check the network near my computer. I've got service but they even changed there Voice coverage zone. I must be the only one on the block that has Verizon and they changed the map just in case it doesn't work.

I guess they didn't anticipate me taking screenshots of there wonderful coverage map. If it doesn't work I'll be putting this post up in every forum I can find. What a way to start the day
banghead.gif

Ahhh incompetence... especially when you pay premium price and you do what's right for them yet they lack the service that justifies the price... one of the most annoying scenarios in society, my family gets that alot with building contractors when renovating.

Ahhh incompetence... especially when you pay premium price and you do what's right for them yet they lack the service that justifies the price... one of the most annoying scenarios in society, my family gets that alot with building contractors when renovating.

Yes its frustrating. I should of just not looked at that coverage map again. I just don't understand why they would do that. Unless there putting it up to sell phones then remove it until they confirm the customers service. I just wish they would get here with it already so I can hook it up and find out!

Edit In:

Well they arrived a little bit ago. It looks like I'm in the national coverage zone as of now. I'm getting 2 bars. I may try re arranging some things. I hooked up that antenna but it made it worse most likely since I didn't get it outside. I dunno I'll keep it though cause its still 4.5X faster than my dial up as is.

Looks like you arents in the EVDO coverage. Check your program, the connection manager, hover your mouse over the bars, and it should say how it is connecting, also, tell me how much dbm you are getting. The lower the better. Try mounting the antenna on top of your home, also, which card did you get?

Hre is what you do, and it always works. I've had to do it, and it will get you what you want and what you rightly deserve. You do this;

First, you tell them what it is that you want. Tell them you've been waiting for quite some time and things are still not rectified. then, go on to tell them that you will be contacting the Better Business bureau, the attorney General's Office, and the media. Tell them calmly that this is very unacceptable behavior and it is bad business relations. Tell them it is not a threat, it is a promise. You will do it as soon as you hang up with them. Considering that they've been in trouble before, they'll cringe when you say these things.

Don't stop until you get to the top. If you've gotten to a manager that isn't helping you, ask to speak to his boss. Tell them you'll go higher and higher. If that person refuses to allow you to speak to their boss, proceed to ask them if they own the company. If they say no, then tell them this; "So you do have a boss then?" Chances are, they'll be dumbfounded not knowing what to say at all. However, if they sarcastically say that they do, then you can tell them this; "So, if you own the company, you can do whatever you want, right? Being that you are in charge, this means you can alter any protocols. If this is the case, then -------." Fill in the blanks with whatever it is that you want to say.

I truly hope this helps. Don't get discouraged. These corporations do have to answer to someone. They cannot go on abusing people.

Looks like you arents in the EVDO coverage. Check your program, the connection manager, hover your mouse over the bars, and it should say how it is connecting, also, tell me how much dbm you are getting. The lower the better. Try mounting the antenna on top of your home, also, which card did you get?

I'm just outside the EvDo coverage area as of now. I get between 2/3 bars of service without the antenna hooked up currently. I spoke with a local rep and she said that a lot of the towers have just been switching over to the full broadband connection. So I'm thinking that first coverage map may have been put up a little fast and the tower has not been switched over yet.

My RSSI. -91 dBm right now inside my room. Like I said I've got to fiddle with the antenna at some point I may have to re arrange my room and re direct the computer at the window. The Antenna I got is only 10 foot and the one the local company wants to sell me is 12 foot. So unless I drill a hole through the wall and mount on my porch roof I'll have to put the computer by the window to reach it.

I'll put up a review later tonight with full spec's etc. I'm just hope they get it switched over shortly.

Hre is what you do, and it always works. I've had to do it, and it will get you what you want and what you rightly deserve. You do this;

First, you tell them what it is that you want. Tell them you've been waiting for quite some time and things are still not rectified. then, go on to tell them that you will be contacting the Better Business bureau, the attorney General's Office, and the media. Tell them calmly that this is very unacceptable behavior and it is bad business relations. Tell them it is not a threat, it is a promise. You will do it as soon as you hang up with them. Considering that they've been in trouble before, they'll cringe when you say these things.

Don't stop until you get to the top. If you've gotten to a manager that isn't helping you, ask to speak to his boss. Tell them you'll go higher and higher. If that person refuses to allow you to speak to their boss, proceed to ask them if they own the company. If they say no, then tell them this; "So you do have a boss then?" Chances are, they'll be dumbfounded not knowing what to say at all. However, if they sarcastically say that they do, then you can tell them this; "So, if you own the company, you can do whatever you want, right? Being that you are in charge, this means you can alter any protocols. If this is the case, then -------." Fill in the blanks with whatever it is that you want to say.

I truly hope this helps. Don't get discouraged. These corporations do have to answer to someone. They cannot go on abusing people.

I have already sent them a email. I don't think I'll go to that extreme because it says right in the coverage map disclosures that they are not 100% accurate. Its just they shouldn't of changed it after I placed the order thats what was pissing me off.

I wasn't refering to the coverage map. I was referring to their substandard customer service. Just keep these tips in mind for the next time.

Back
Top Bottom