Possibly the best torrent I have ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
The best part about it: It is completely 100% legal because the songs were published in the 1700s-1800s, so therefore do not fall under any modern copyright laws. :p ;) :cool:

The torrent contains 100 Classical songs, with artists varying from Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky.. well, you get the idea.

If you love classical music as much as I do, then you should check this out.

I'm kinda hesitant to post a link to a torrent, but it is fully legal because the composers have been dead for well over the 100 year copyright expiration limit, but it is a torrent and quite a few torrents are illegal, but here it is:

Link removed. I discovered the songs were ripped from the album "Classical Top 100" so therefore, it is not really that legal. The music is, but you are basically downloading an album by downloading this torrent. I apologies for any inconvenience caused here.

Still, they may have rites with other people now, who can only publish the music today.

I'm not sure though...

I'll edit the link out until I know for sure, and then I'll paste it back okay?

Lol, thanks for keeping an eye out for me Kage.

I see the link didn't stay edited for a very long time. :)

If only I trusted Torrents lol

Most of my classical library came from Ares.

The music itself may not be copyrighted but the performance/recording could still be, lets say the London Philharmonic did Vivaldi, put it on disk and sold it then copying/downloading that particular album could be breaching copyright.

It's a pretty grey area and I'm no copyright lawyer so I'm speculating really.

Yeah... thinking about it that way. If they are the recording originals, then yes, they won't be copyrighted, but if...yeah, I see where you are going with that.

If an orchestra re-recorded it with a label, is it then copyrighted?

I'm really not sure...

But nothing for instance would stop you re-recording these with your own orchestra (if you had one), or arranging using your own instrument, since its free to use.

Theres definietly a fine line.

I removed the link as I discovered that Classical Top 100 is actually an album. These songs I assume were ripped from the album. These songs are definitely legal to download individually, but if they are part of an actual album, then they can't. Sorry, people, I got a little carried away and didn't research the torrent like I should have done.

Mods, you may lock this thread if you see that is fit.

Ah, I didn't notice that, sorry :(

Yeah, that would indeed then be copyrighted, but in a way, you sort of think "how"...

The recordings themselves can very well be though, though the originals wouldn't.

If you do find a legal one though, post up :p

I won't blaim you though, as you weren't trying to do wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom