Drivers for Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D 1840w laptop

ZeroX1

Solid State Member
Not sure i'm posting this in the right forum part, but giving it a shot anyway.

starting to get desperate here. Have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D 1840w laptop, with serial number 3811820060. Driver CD doesnt exist anymore so i need to find drivers or it on the internet. Tried FS homepage and found the right laptop, but there where no drivers or updates to be found, FS doesnt help either cus the free support waranty time has expired (1 year), so to get help from them i would hav to call a expensive number :(
The most important driver to get installed is the graphic card, ATI Mobility Radeon 9600, ATI's own drivers from their webpage wont install cus it says there are no such hardware in this computer, tried also with alternative drivers from Guru3D, same result.
However, i tried to install Linux ubuntu 7.10, and to my surpise it works perfectly, it even got the ATI drivers to work.
Now the problem is that this laptop is not mine, it's for a customer, and the computer needs to run Windows XP.

I hope someone has had a similar problem and can perhaps direct me to where to find drivers. I've tried searching on Google and found nothing.

Come on, someone has to have a similar problem and know how to solve it. Driving me nuts. Ok computer useless cus cant get drivers to work.

Back
Top Bottom