windows xp vs vista

intelboi

Baseband Member
well as a few of you know im gonna be building a pc. now im a xp fan boy but i cant decide on wether to use vista or xp. ill be useing my pc mainly for gaming and i heard vista has a few driver problems with some of the games i play such as warrock www.warrock.net and americas amry i forget the link to it.

could somebody list some pros and cons of vista and xp? cuz like i said im really unsure of witch to get.

You would need some extra ram if you are gonna get Vista. I would go with Xp as it is less resource intensive and has great performance. They only reason I think you would want Vista, is for DirectX10 support.

No, not too many games support it, but it will certainly be the standard in coming months. With the release of the first vista service pack things should be looking up. I just upgraded from xp myself, and yes, there are aspects (like overall stability) that I miss, but I am enjoying directx 9 games even more than I once did....they seem smoother now. And once I got past the sound issues with bioshock that so many people have had using vista, the dx10 functionality is definitely worth it.

id go with vista,

with SP1 out fixing a few things id say vista is def worth it,

i suppose it depends on your new build specs, n e thing equal or over 2.2 Ghz C2D and 2Gb RAM then vista all the way

Back
Top Bottom