USB keyboard has a mind of its own...

Chaosenemy

Baseband Member
Every so often my usb keyboard will randomly type a few characters that my fingers were nowhere near. I just got it about a month ago and I haven't had any problems up until just a few days ago when it started doing this. It happens probably once every few minutes.

Example:
I'm on MSN and a friend tells me something crazy, I reply with "lol damn", but somehow my computer gets "lol 12damn".

So anyone else have a problem like this before? If so did you find a solution? this is bugging me lol.

I have a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard by the way.

Every so often my usb keyboard will randomly type a few characters that my fingers were nowhere near. I just got it about a month ago and I haven't had any problems up until just a few days ago when it started doing this. It happens probably once every few minutes.

Example:
I'm on MSN and a friend tells me something crazy, I reply with "lol damn", but somehow my computer gets "lol 12damn".

So anyone else have a problem like this before? If so did you find a solution? this is bugging me lol.

I have a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard by the way.

From the looks of it, could be a couple different things:

1. Drivers for it are malfunctioning, uninstall it through device manager and reboot your computer
2. Defective-- RMA?
3. Virus typing stuff?

Make sure nobody spilled any drinks/liquids on it. I had that happen to me; my sister spilled water on my Logitech keyboard and it began typing random numbers by itself. Its almost exactly what you explained: I was on AIM once and I typed something like:

Chris- yaa i'll come for sure0000000000000000000000000000000

lol

Make sure nobody spilled any drinks/liquids on it. I had that happen to me; my sister spilled water on my Logitech keyboard and it began typing random numbers by itself. Its almost exactly what you explained: I was on AIM once and I typed something like:

Chris- yaa i'll come for sure0000000000000000000000000000000

lol

Crap. Now that I think about it, I do remember a bit of condensation from a can of soda dripping onto my keyboard one time... lol.

So I guess I'm probably screwed eh?

Once, I spilled Cool-Aid on my keyboard and it started doing letters in alpha-numeric and they had schwas on them and stuff and the letters were all crazy and if I pressed one letter it would type like seven odd looking demonic symbols, lol it was crazy! USB is a waste IMHO... glowing keyboards and crap is useless. A keyboard does not benefit from USB vs PS/2, plus it eats a good USB slot, just my opinion. USB Mice are different but USB keyboards are a waste.

I used to have the same problem with a ps2 keyboard. it was the cable. the wires must have been touching

Problem solved. I forgot I temporarily plugged my keyboard into the usb port on my external hard drive. So I unplugged it and plugged it directly into my computer. No more random typing. I guess the usb port on my external drive is faulty or something. Oh well, not like I used it much anyways...

Thanks for the help though guys. :D

Problem solved. I forgot I temporarily plugged my keyboard into the usb port on my external hard drive. So I unplugged it and plugged it directly into my computer. No more random typing. I guess the usb port on my external drive is faulty or something. Oh well, not like I used it much anyways...

Thanks for the help though guys. :D

Hahah thats a sweet discovery. Glad it all worked out.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom