Is HP scamming their customers?

There is really no point in making Vista drivers for a printer that is 5+ years old. How many people do you think are still using that printer? Printers are cheap these days and people upgrade them often it seems like. You can't expect them to do Vista drivers for every product they've made in the past 10 years.

I agree. Szat, it's perfectly reasonable for a company like HP to cut support for a product after five or so years. They can't maintain all the printers and products they've released in the past. It's just too much for them to handle.

It's like asking them to upgrade a Pentium 2 computer they've manufactured nine years ago to work with Vista.

There is really no point in making Vista drivers for a printer that is 5+ years old. How many people do you think are still using that printer? Printers are cheap these days and people upgrade them often it seems like. You can't expect them to do Vista drivers for every product they've made in the past 10 years.

Yay someone has sense.

Lets face it guys. HP has better things to do with thier time and money than work on drivers for printers that few people have anymore. HP isn't the only one either. Dell, Asus, Intel, Abit, they all do it for the same reason.

I agree. Szat, it's perfectly reasonable for a company like HP to cut support for a product after five or so years. They can't maintain all the printers and products they've released in the past. It's just too much for them to handle.

It's like asking them to upgrade a Pentium 2 computer they've manufactured nine years ago to work with Vista.

/\ you make a good point. i dont blame them from not updating drivers

Yay someone has sense.

Lets face it guys. HP has better things to do with thier time and money than work on drivers for printers that few people have anymore. HP isn't the only one either. Dell, Asus, Intel, Abit, they all do it for the same reason.
Printers are so cheap these days, you can buy a basic one for like $50-$100.

The same way with car companies that stop making parts for older cars that few people own. It's useless to do that if nobody is going to use it.

I certainly don't think anybody has a right to say that HP is "scamming" you by not releasing Vista drivers for an old printer, if you want to use it, install a generic printer driver or something, that should give you basic printing abilities.

HP isn't letting me download drivers for 1120c, because

The print driver solution for this product is included with the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system and is already on the computer. No special driver download is necessary for this product.

So it looks like I'm down a nice printer...

Yes that's correct it's already on vista, you should be able to go into device manager and change it

Back
Top Bottom