beruit or beer pong

Beirut refers to a game where either 6 or 10 cups are racked up on either side in the shape of a triangle, and ping pong balls are thrown into the cups from opposite sides of the table.

Beerpong refers to a similar game, such as the one seen in the movie 'Beerfest', in which players repeatedly hit a ping-pong ball back and forth with paddles in an attempt to hit it into the opponents cup. This is probably not nearly as widely played as Beirut.

Beirut is often mistakenly called Beerpong, hence the confusion.

Beirut refers to a game where either 6 or 10 cups are racked up on either side in the shape of a triangle, and ping pong balls are thrown into the cups from opposite sides of the table.

Beerpong refers to a similar game, such as the one seen in the movie 'Beerfest', in which players repeatedly hit a ping-pong ball back and forth with paddles in an attempt to hit it into the opponents cup. This is probably not nearly as widely played as Beirut.

Beirut is often mistakenly called Beerpong, hence the confusion.

thats the best way to say it i suppose, but im still not sure whether or not it originally started with quarters...perhaps I'll do a lil more research

It's beirut. Beer Pong is the game played with the paddles (hence the pong).

I often have unnecessary and heated arguments over the right terminology ^.^

thats the best way to say it i suppose, but im still not sure whether or not it originally started with quarters...perhaps I'll do a lil more research

Quarters is a third and equally fun drinking game. It goes like this:

Usually there is one cup filled with an alcoholic beverage on the table. There are other variations, but where I live this is the most common.

Players sit around in a circle. One person has a quarter; he is called the shooter. He attempts to bounce the quarter off the table, into the glass filled with the alcoholic beverage. Should the shooter succeed, he may choose one member at the table that has to drink the beverage. The shooter continues to shoot until he misses.

Should the shooter make three shots in a row, he gets to make up his or her own rule. Rules should be fun and creative; such as performing a ritual while drinking or what not. One of my favorites is after every sentence you have to say, "With [insert a persons name]'s mom" after it. Or every time you use the word 'the' you have to give someone a high-five. Violation of one of these made up rules results in the offending party taking a drink.

Should the shooter rim-out on a shot, any player in the circle of players around the table can call a challenge. Should the shooter accept, he has a chance to re-shoot the quarter. If he misses then he takes a drink. If he makes it the person who challenged takes two drinks. Their are variations where their can be multi-person challenges, and in some games the shooter is forced to accept the challenge, and what not. These are considered 'house rules' and are agreed upon before the game begins.

Players are disqualified from the game when they do any of the following:

1. Die
2. Puke
3. Pass-out
4. Refuse to consume any more alcohol.

And thats how quarters is played.

FYI: Quarters outdates beerpong and beirut by a longshot, and can be traced back to Ireland pre-dating the potato famine.

thats not what im talking about, i know what quarters is. im talking about playing ruit with a quarter instead of ping pong ball. I've played that way like twice before.

Back
Top Bottom