what classes do you needa take for computer engineering?

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
i was thinking about taking computer engineering classes but i was just wondering what classes other than the stuff to do with the subject would i have to take? i dont want to take anything like math, reading, science, or anything like that..... thanks in advance

You need math courses like Linear Algebra, Combinatorial Mathematics and Calculus. The more math you can handle taking, the better. It will be very helpful to you in the end.

Computer Engineering pretty much needs any class to do with programming, networking, graphics, database, digital systems, architecture and, well, everything it seems. It's quite intense.

My best friend is a Computer Engineering major at Villanova and his classes are pretty nuts. Be aware that you will need to take Chemistry, Physics I and II, Engineering courses (which involves math), Calculus, and a lot more math intensive classes. What type of classes do you take where you don't have to read? It's engineering so obviously you're going to be taking math and science...

Bro...if you plan on doing any engineering classes you NEED MATH. I myself am taking hardest courses I can. Next year I'll be a junior in HS and I plan on taking Advanced Placement Calculus.

If you don't like math, and want to get into computers go down the route of Computer Information Systems. You'll need to take up to Calc 1, but all other advanced math classes are substituted with technical support/management classes.

Since this thread is about math and computer classes, I thought that I'd ask something that I've been wondering about.

Aside from the schools requirements, does computer programming itself actually require a lot of math knowledge to do? I am wanting to learn Java programming and am curious about what to expect if I take some classes in it. Some people have told me that it is mainly math and others have told me that math is not really a big part of it.:confused:

It really depends on the program you are making. Some will require a good deal of understanding in math, others won't.

Sooo..........a person probably doesn't have to be a math genious to learn the basics of Java.:D

Sooo..........a person probably doesn't have to be a math genious to learn the basics of Java.:D
Programming itself doesn't take any math. Learning a language is just syntax. Programming a function will be different in every language, but the math will be the same.

And no, not all programs require math. Until you get to really advanced classes, you won't need math as you'll be working with the 5 operators only.

Back
Top Bottom