Fan Setup

jashan17

In Runtime
I have three case fans, using only two at the moment. I have one on the side of the case blowing air in and another one on the side next to the cpu fan blowing air out. Should i put the other fan in the back blowing air in or out, and is my setup good?

In my opinion that would just cause a circulatory air flow over a minimal area of your case; right in through one fan and straight out the other. This isn't ideal because it will take longer to circulate all the air in your case if the air-flow isn't covering a maximum area of the case.

I would have the two side fans be intake fans. Then have one powerful exhaust in the back, (which I'm going to assume can fit a much bigger of at least 120mm).

Fans are 3 pin of 4 pin. You can also buy adapters so don't worry about your mobo only having 2 connectors.

Fans are 3 pin of 4 pin. You can also buy adapters so don't worry about your mobo only having 2 connectors.

Yeah, and when you buy fans they often come w/ a splitter to split one of the cables, (either 3-pin or 4-pin whatever is needed), into two so you can continue powering your current hardware along with your new fan.

Back
Top Bottom