SATA to USB

NeciFiX

In Runtime
Hey there,

I have a nice SATA DVD Burner that is unfortunately as I said, SATA. I only have 2 SATA ports on my mobo and both are slobbered up by my two HDD's. So, I was thinking to use the drive using USB 2.0 (I am buying a $8 USB PCI card that has 1 internal USB port so I can hook it up without anything external). It'd be slower, sure, but, it's just a DVD Burner, I don't intend to use it a ton but it WAS a gift. Newegg doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for... or does it? Can anyone help me with this? I need a simple cord, put in the DVD Burner, connect it all up, take the SATA to USB cord, take it, plug it into the internal USB port and BAM, use that to power the drive. Can anyone help, find me anything suitable, or, is there a better idea than using a SATA to USB converter? If so, what, and can you link me to a suggested product(s)?

Thanks!

NeciFiX

Uh... I'm not sure. I use a Dell Dimension 4600i. Any other responses.............?

that's a band aid fix. get yourself a 30 dollar IDE dvd burner from newegg so you don't have to run all these BS fixes. if your computer has no optical drive you might want to add an IDE cable to the order as well.

I was under the impression that the guy wanted to keep his current burner.

Back
Top Bottom