Car CD Player question

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
So, I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS 4-Door model, and was wondering if the CD player supports MP3 CD's. It annoys me that you can only have 80 minutes of songs on a regular CD, but under certain compression rates, you can put over 25 hours of audio on an MP3 CD. (At least it says you can here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3_CD)

I have a portable MP3 CD player, and the Cobalt does have a hookup for an MP3 player or something along those lines, but why do that when I can just use a CD?

Also, if anyone knows any good freeware MP3 CD software, let me know, because I'll need it anyway.

Burn a CD with just MP3 files instead of audio files and try it. The results will let you know.

Thats the problem. I don't have a program that will let me do that. Winamp doesn't have that feature I don't think, and it burns uber slow because I don't want to pay to get Pro. WMP sucks alltogether and I haven't even opened it on my computer in months. I can't just use the drag-n-drop features of windows because then the encoding or whatever doesn't take place that way.

You say iTunes has MP3 CD support? I'll look into that, thanks.

Go to Edit>Preferences, Advanced, Burning, click on MP3 CD, and then it will burn an MP3 CD. You have to change the setting or it won't work.

Yep, I did that. It burned an MP3 CD successfully, but however nothing I have plays it.

My car won't, one CD player I have doesn't, and another CD that says it supports MP3 CD's won't either. I made sure the settings were right. It does, however, play in my computer, which is good because I needed to back up my music.

So your car doesn't support it then. I guess you'll have to either plug in your CD player or just use CD mixes.

Back
Top Bottom