6800 GT PCI-E Card Bus speed x1 Problem!

There's a blue jumper on the motherboard next to the battery. As freestyler said, you turn off the comp, unplug it from the power, then move the jumper to the opposite pin for 30 seconds to a minute. Then move the jumper back, and restart the computer. You'll have to reset the time and all in the BIOS.

Do you even get the post screens at boot?

Can you get into safe mode with a card in the first slot? If you can, try uninstalling the drivers, then rebooting into Windows. Then reinstall the newest drivers.

i think you will have to ring up asus .
but be prepared to wait a while if your getting a replacement from asus .
there very slow with returns

I get nothing when I put the card in slot 1, no POST just a beep error 1 long 2 short, which means that it isn't detecting a Vid Card. So I don't think I'd be able to get into safe mode with slot 1.

Wow. You killed Slot 1. Sounds like an RMA is in order. Asus has great customer support.

One more thing. The cards are fully seated in the slots, correct?

Yeah cards are fully seated. I guess I must have killed slot 1 somehow, but I still don't get why it is saying I can only have Bus Speed of x1 in slot 2. I just tried some games out though, and they seem to run just as well as before (Doom 3, CS:S). I don't know I'll give ASUS a call tomorrow and see what they say about it. Thanks for all the help and advice though guys!

Back
Top Bottom