How do you back up your data?

mitts2010

Baseband Member
What do you do to back up your data. I'm just wondering what other people do.

And what do you back up to?

I use Vista's built-in file backup utility. Takes a bit of time the first time, but everything after that is fast. It's real nice, and runs on a schedule too.

I just backup my stuff onto DVD. Anything that I want to save, I create a folder called "Burn to DVD" and place all of the files I want saved in there. Then back up the files onto DVD. Its a little time consuming but it works.

I drag and drop files to the hard drives on my file server, then once in a while I'll do a backup to dvd's.

I run in RAID 1 (mirror), so as long as I don't get a virus or something, my datas pretty much safe.

I prefer to use Norton Ghost, and make two back ups at a time, one two my second HDD and then one to a DVD as extra cover, NG is very simple and very fast back up device.

Norton Ghost for individual workstation backups. These can be used to construct a skeleton common to all workstations so that it is easier to revert to a set of custom defaults when things go wrong.

As for data backups, I tend to use a RAID configuration to make multiple copies of data, and this is then mirrored to several different servers, some of which are offsite. The channels are encrypted.

Back
Top Bottom