Realisticly,How do YOU See the Future of computers in the next 5 or 10 years?

i dont remember where but i herd dell i think it was
is developing some type of laser cooling system for computer... im going to see if i can find it on google.....

Don't I remember a horizontal PC that looked like a tank filled with vapour where you were supposed to touch a finger to various programmes "floating" there to activate them, p'raps the projected cost was so large at $10.000, that Microsoft decided to ditch it, poor Bill, if he had put it on the market, he wouldn't have enough $$$$'s to bid for Yahoo, now wouldn't that have been a downright shame!! [sniggers behind his hand]

nostradamus also prodicted that the world will end in 2012
Someone apparently misinterpreted Nostrodamus's predictions....hey, if it was true, England would have wasted billions of ££££'s on the preparations for the 2012 Olympics by then, & all out of us taxpayers pockets!!!:eek:

Yeah, what is it with that crap logo as well?...

Laser cooling? Would like to hear more about that.

I definetly see graphics in games meeting what we see in films, in 10 years time (which would have also have gotten better). With each shader model comes more capabilties.
Soon, we'll have real time radiacity, real time global illumination (shadows not built on maps, etc, all done in real time), and real time raytracing.
Graphics cards will just keep getting more and more powerful, and we know that.

Umm I think desktops will still be the same, maybe just smaller parts like smaller mobos, matx will become standard, laptops will become alot thinner as faster components become more affordable. We will probably see larger oled screens like 21" and they will cost about 600-700 for that size. Cellphones will also get thinner, along with larger screens and better cameras, more functionality such as querty, probably some type of faster connection to the web. Better battery life. Televisions will start coming in oled in small sizes. Regular HDTV will be alot cheaper, and of course in feb 2009 every TV will have a digital input. Portable gaming systems such as the psp will be touchscreen probably, or maybe somewhat interactive with your body. Microsoft should make a portable gaming device. Everything is gona be blue tooth wireless keyboards, bluetooth gaming mice, wireless surround sound, smaller speakers and thinner but louder subwoofers. Every picture in your house is going to be a digital photo frame. The fishtank will automatically feed the fish, kill the algae, purify & heat the water, and clean everything else. The dog will be walked by a device that will control the dogs brain. The litterbox will automatically disopse of all the waste.

If you don't care to read the whole thing, basically, i think it's going to stay somewhat the same. Technology will slightly develop, but I don't see any drastic changes such as flying cars or robots. Look at how far we have come in the last 30 years, what do we have? Internet, LCD's, digital tv signal, cellphones, and computers. But, in the last 5-10 years, all we really have is just HDTV. Basically TV is almost at it's best. Sound is also at the best quality, basically all we need are wireless solutions such as bluetooth to become more widely available.

Except Bluetooth isn't all that great. Actually it's pretty crappy. Better wireless standards will come out.

Yeah, but I think blue tooth will expand, like faster transfer rates and farther range.

Back
Top Bottom