hard drive question

Yea, that's it.

What were you planning on using from your current computer? Are you going with a completely new setup including case, power supply, CPU, memory, video card, etc?

yea i want a moded out computer.. all clear acrylic case new motherboard. new cpu new memory new power suply um.... same sound card nd video card

Cool. You'll need a motherboard that has an AGP slot for your video card, and at least two IDE connectors for your drives.

If you're planning on doing any gaming with the newer games, I think you would be better off getting a new video card as well and looking for a PCI Express capable motherboard. Most newer systems are moving from AGP to PCI Express as it offers higher performance.

yea i havent found any agp suporting motherboards with enough ide slots.. anyone have a link?... and im looking on tigerdirect.com

What's your budget look like? You want a high end gaming machine or just a nice midrange computer for cruising the 'net and mild gaming?

Are you looking to use an Intel or AMD CPU?

well my budget has a pretty big range.. my father can get most computer parts for a low price if he purchases them through his job... so basicaly any sugestion would be helpful.. and im looking to use intel

and i just found out my video card is an agp one... so basically i need to find a motherboard with agp 2 ide ports and all that other good stuff... if anyone finds one SEND ME THE LINK!!!!!!!!! because ive been looking and cant find one:mad:

where does it say the ide slots?

EDIT: if i bought a motherboard with like one ide slot and like 4 or 3 sata slots could i buy like a cd drive and a dvd drive that are sata and use the one ide of my hard drive? or do all the components have t obe either ide or sata

You can do that. Mixing your IDE harddrive with SATA CDROM and DVD drives is perfectly OK.

The IDE slots are listed under the specifications as PATA .

Back
Top Bottom