What Video card upgrade should I get?

OTSS

In Runtime
I currently am running a S939 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and 2 GB of PC-3200 RAM. I don't want to get such a great video card that it would not be able to run great games very good because of the slow processor. I am currently building a new computer piece by piece very slowly so I would be getting a top of the line video card eventually for my new computer. This one though I currently have a Sapphire Radeon X700 Pro 256MB video card. Is that good enough for my current processor or could I get something better?

BTW: When my Processor and RAM arrive I will be OCing my processor as high as it will go (stable) on stock heatsink and fan.

Oh yeah lol PCI-Express. I wouldn't have bought AGP at the time because it was becoming obsolete when I built this computer.

I wonder, should I just buy my HD3870X2 right now and put it in this computer then when I build my new computer put my old card back in here and my new card in the new one? Or do you think the price of the HD3870X2 will go down in the next 3 months?

I don't really see the price going down drastically in the next few months. If you find a good deal on one though, you should grab it.

The 9series of nvidia is comin out sooon. what im doing is going 2 get a 8800 when the 9 series comes out cuase it will be a lot cheaper.

I will probably wait for 9 series to come out then buy an 8600 or 8800GT because it will be cheaper and will give me more time before I build my next computer.

Back
Top Bottom