Quick Memory Question

OTSS

In Runtime
Alright my motherboard is an MSI Nforce 4 Platinum S939 and it takes DDR RAM
alright now I am currently running a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ OC'ed and 1GB RAM(2x512MB sticks) and I am making a quick and easy (not to mention inexpensive) upgrade to AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and adding a 1GB stick of RAM. So here is the real question. I currently have 2 Kingston 512MB sticks of PC-3200 DDR RAM in slot 0 and slot 2 (using the slot 0-3 system), when my 1GB stick arrives(also Kingston PC-3200 DDR) should I put it in slot 1? Well instead of me asking that you guys could just tell me the direct answer of which ram goes where and if it will even work.

Something to add here. I just realize the description of the 512 sticks I have is
Kingston ValueRAM 512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM CAS 3
and the 1 GB stick says
Kingston ValueRAM 1GB PC3200 DDR CAS 3

does the SDRAM mean anything?

if it does I could easily just get 2 more sticks of the same 512MB RAM for roughly $8 more

It shouldn't matter what slot it goes in. By convention it would go in slot once since it's the closest empty slot to the CPU, but most new boards are not that picky. And yes, It should work. I see no reason why it wouldn't.

thanks now have an answer to the second post? Just wondering if it will give me a problem.

I see celelgorm has this one all wrapped up nice and tidy.
berlusca.gif

Back
Top Bottom