HDTV pc setup.

deepthroat

In Runtime
Ok so I recently bought a 1080p native 32" sharp aquos lcd HDTV (LC 32D62U). I use it for xbox 360 but I also want to connect it to my pc's graphics card DVI port and connect it to my HDTV's HDMI port.
My question is.
1. If the resolution of the pc is set to 1920x1080 at 60Hz, and the HDTV's native resolution is 1920x1080p I should have no problems right? It should display like any other device that you would connect to it (HD DVD players, game consoles etc.) correct.

I have heard things before that stated if the tv did not accept the resolution you sent to it, it could damage the display. I am just trying to find out if everythings ok as far as compatibility.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks. Thats pretty much what I wanted to hear.
I will be running a dual monitor setup with my original 22" Viewsonic CRT and the new hdtv. All I need to do now is get a 25 foot optical cable for the surround sound, then get a wireless keyboard and mouse and I should be surfin and gamin' from the comfort of my bed. No more backaches from sitting in computer chairs anymore LOL!
I will have to set all my games at a 1080p resolution or lower to run on the monitor without problems. Probably 1360x768 would be the next best choice as far as wxga goes. I don't want to run a 4:3 res.
Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks. Thats pretty much what I wanted to hear.
I will be running a dual monitor setup with my original 22" Viewsonic CRT and the new hdtv. All I need to do now is get a 25 foot optical cable for the surround sound, then get a wireless keyboard and mouse and I should be surfin and gamin' from the comfort of my bed. No more backaches from sitting in computer chairs anymore LOL!
I will have to set all my games at a 1080p resolution or lower to run on the monitor without problems. Probably 1360x768 would be the next best choice as far as wxga goes. I don't want to run a 4:3 res.
Thanks again for the reply.

yea umm optical cable for sound max length is like 5 feet

go with digital coaxial cable rather than digital optical cable for that much distance (25 feet)...if you have the connections for it.

i've been reading up a little more on which is better for longer distances, but i'm finding conflicting information out there:

here's one of the articles i read..... http://www.audioholics.com/educatio...stions/optical-vs-coaxial-digital-connections (says optical cables are better for long runs)

and here's a cnet forum thread about it... http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7596_102-0.html?forumID=60&threadID=227064&messageID=2367205 (a post in here says coaxial is better for longer runs)

i've also read several other discussions about the difference, and it seems to be quite a hot topic with lots of people on both sides. i can't seem to find any good info on which is really better for longer distances, optical or coaxial...it probably doesn't matter which one you go with.

I actually forgot how to post pics here. I don't have an image hosting website account or anything. If you could tell me how to post images, I would be glad to.

Actually I was reading in Home Theater Magazine that because optical transmits in light waves, it is the best solution for long runs. analog uses varying voltages which are more prone to data loss and interference. How do you think broadband is transmitted miles from the hub? They all use fiber optics. The only downside to fiber optics would be frailty compared to thick analog cables. They are more prone to minor breaks in the line which could distort the digital signal or sever the light waves completely.
By the way, I am in no means trying to argue with anyone. I'm just posting what I read in that mag.

ill agree fiber optics is better for longer ranges you just have to be really careful as far as the connectors go because if they get dirty or scratched at all it can distort the audio relitivly easily.

i prefer coax personally because im not going 25 feet... one other thing you have to remember about coax is the current that is used to transmit the digital signal is incredibly small...its an I/O logic signal modulated to a specific code.

Back
Top Bottom