A song of Ice and Fire

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Has anyone else read the series?

On thelis' recommendation, I bought the first two books. I'm nearing the end (by nearing I mean, 200 pages left) of the first one, and I love it. Plot twists, and killings on every page. No character (no matter how big) is immune from harm or death which is what I like. The good guy isn't going to win every time.

I just want to point out though that this isn't a series for minors. There is a good level of detail in the sexual relations of the characters.

For those who don't know, the creator of the Ctrl+Alt+Del comics is a fan of the series. for example in this commic: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20071112.jpg The "stick them with the pointy end" is a line directly from the first book.

If you're 17 or older, like fantasy books with good detail, this puts Tolkien or even Rowling (if you like HP over LOTR) to shame.

Yes, I have converted another one to ASOIAFism. Seriously fellas, these books rox my sox. Before I told cele about these books, he used to be a LOTR fan. Now, I am just counting the days before he changes his name to Lannister.

Read them.

Yes, I have converted another one to ASOIAFism. Seriously fellas, these books rox my sox. Before I told cele about these books, he used to be a LOTR fan. Now, I am just counting the days before he changes his name to Lannister.

Read them.

No, I'm more of a Jon Snow..., or maybe a Ned Stark.... Heck, as long as I'm not the Imp, or the queen, I'll be happy :p

PS for those who don't know, Thelis being the nerd he is, named his cat after a character (well, animal) in this book.

lmao^^ hey cele, is thaty what u mean by too close

and i was just lol'ing at thelis's comment....

lmao^^ hey cele, is thaty what u mean by too close

and i was just lol'ing at thelis's comment....

That is exactly what I mean. And if you read the books and get to know who she is, that statement will freak you out all the more....

Back
Top Bottom