Installing Cd Drive

yeah tell us the Fan RPM. but first make sure the HSF (heatsink fan) is seated nice and snugg. it shouldn't wiggle at all

It should be turned off when you check it. Make sure the heatsink is making full contact with the CPU and is properly locked down. How fast does the hardware monitor say the CPU fan is spinning?

The Cpu fan is gay. Theres four pins that you have to push in with your fingers and one of them doesnt go in. But it is still spinning. Im pretty sure its making full contact with the CPU because the thermal grease that i applied to the heatsink is on the CPU now.

EDIT: It is a Thermaltake / Silent 775D / Socket 775 / Copper Core / Copper Heatpipes / CPU Fan
EDIT 2: It is broken... The Pins are bent back and are near impossible to push in... Should i send it back?'
FINAL EDIT(Maybe): I fixed the pins, pushed them together and now the fan works good, its pushed in all the way...Now to check if its at 110 degrees again...

OKAY. I Pushed in the Cpu fan all the way. Im getting a constant 63 to 67 degrees celsius in the bios.. Does that sound right? i heard you can get around 50 degrees with aftermarket coolers like this one but maybe cause my processor is quad core it heats up more?
CPU Fan Speed 2191 RPM
AUX Fan Speed 5314 RPM
NForce Fan Speed 3540 RPM

Im still getting a "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure" at the second screen but it doesnt shut off or anything.

Back
Top Bottom