hard drive question

You can use magical jellybean keyfinder and get the Windows key. Then torrent a copy of your version of Windows CD image and burn that CD image to a CD. When you get the new system up and running plug in the CD and use that key you had.

um......... magical jellybean?

EDIT: my dad just said something about si nce its a new mother board the bios wont match or something.. he said since they wont match the machine wont boot. he said he was 90% sure but hes been wrong before.. anyone no anything about that stuff?

It's a program that will tell you the installation key of your current OS. He is suggesting that you illegally download a copy of your OS and then using the key discovered by the program to reinstall the OS.

If all you have is one IDE hard drive and one CD/DVD drive, then a single IDE connector would be enough. But if have more than two IDE devices, you'll either need to find a board with at least two IDE connectors, or buy new drives that are SATA compatible.

It's a program that will tell you the installation key of your current OS. He is suggesting that you illegally download a copy of your OS and then using the key discovered by the program to reinstall the OS.

If all you have is one IDE hard drive and one CD/DVD drive, then a single IDE connector would be enough. But if have more than two IDE devices, you'll either need to find a board with at least two IDE connectors, or buy new drives that are SATA compatible.
It's not illegal if you already own a copy of the OS :rolleyes:

lol i guess its a popular link then... butdoes anyone know what my father meant by the whole bios thing

In a nutshell the BIOS makes sure all the other chips, hard drives, ports and CPU function together. Your old drive will be fine in a new motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom