Second overclocking attempt, good temps?

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I tried overclocking my processor once and got it running pretty good, maybe not fully stable, but then I started having problems and I reset my BIOS and all kinds of other stuff. The problem wasn't related to the OC. I then just kept it back on stock speed because I had no free time to try again. Now that I've been sick all week at home I decided to have a go at it again.

I got my E6600 to 3.23GHz, I am running Prime95 and it's been going for awhile now with no problems. The CPU usage is about 50% and the CPU temp is 55C. Idle is about 40-45C I think. Are these good temps? I'm using a Zalman cooler with AS5. CPU volatge is 1.45V. I'm not sure what the temp is full load, Prime95 hasn't done any full loads on the CPU yet.

Hm, I don't know about dual core temps, but that seems great IMO for a 3.23ghz.

I OCed my Q6600 to 3.0GHz on stock air coolers and HSU, and my max load temps are 58-59*.

One thing, though. I know people swear by Prime95, but I like to see how my processor performs under full load, so i use a program called "CPU Stability Test" that maxes out the CPU usage. With prime95, I was getting 5-7* lower than what CPUStabTest was showing me. In any case, running your processor at 100% is never realistic, but I'd rather know my temps when i'm MAXED out.

Cheers

Also a side note: you might be able to lower your CPU voltage. Have you tried going lower than 1.45 yet?

I haven't tried lowering the voltage, but thought about it. I was following a guide on what to do to setup an overclock specific to my mobo BIOS. It said to put it on 1.45V right away before upping the FSB. I'm not sure if it would work considering 3.25GHz is unstable with Prime95 on 1.45V. I'll try that CPU Stability Test.

Running CPU stability test now. CPU at 100% and it's only 50C... :confused: I'm confused, lol. I didn't change the voltage at all.

well i dont think there very good temps considering you have zalman 9500.
try lowering the vcore. what is the stock vcore for e6600

Lowered it to 1.4V and lowered FSB. Still idling at 40C and full at 50C... I'm not sure why it's not full at 55C anymore... I'll just reset the BIOS and start over tomorrow probably. See if I can get an improved temp, and good overclock.

Lowered it to 1.4V and lowered FSB. Still idling at 40C and full at 50C... I'm not sure why it's not full at 55C anymore... I'll just reset the BIOS and start over tomorrow probably. See if I can get an improved temp, and good overclock.

Lower voltage will definitely yield you lower temps like it did for me.

I'm not so sure why you dropped 5* without doing anything. Is it a possibility that your room is cooler? (ie. Nighttime?)

I figured out that prime95 will make the processor run hotter than CPU stability test for some reason. Even though Prime95 only goes to 50% usage of the processor, while CPU stability test goes to 100%... After I lowered the Voltage it still stayed at 40C idle, 50C 100% on CPU stab. test. Going to just reset the OC and start over.

Back
Top Bottom