gateway only selling AMD now

This is funny. AMD must be really scared.

I build my computers, so I can choose what I want! :p

Gateway has never impressed me, but it was a good move.
Anyone dumb enough to buy one doesn't care what kind of CPU they have. Also correct me if I'm wrong (I know Intel reduced their die sizes lately) but with the slow core clocks of AMDs and no chance to overclock them makes for a quieter PC due to less heat.

Also, AMDs may not bench as high as the new Intels do, but a lot of you guys seem to seriously underestimate their power. Maybe in the newest high end games there is a slight difference but I can run just about everything I need smoothly with my CPU besides the 3dmark benches. They aren't like P4s or anything... They run stuff well. You don't buy a Gateway to play Crysis... if you do you are an idiot and you should go fall in a pit.

^^^^^^^^
Thats a pretty conclusive way to make a point, but im still devout Intel, they simply set a higher standard. Decent move on Gateways behalf making midrange/entry machines, you dont need an Intel, but anything good however.... You do.

I think it's a good move if they want to appeal to people who don't have a lot of money to spend since AMD processors cost less than Intel. I have no problem with either one, I go with whatever one suits my wallet and my needs. My laptop has an AMD, it's much faster than I thought it was. No it won't play all the latest games but that's not why I purchased it. I think AMD processors are a steal and probably the best bang for your buck. Intel seems to be better for people who want a top of the line PC that can handle all the latest and greatest games. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with either one. It all depends on what you want in a computer.

Also I don't know if any of you have noticed, but best buy seems to only carry systems with AMD in them. At least at the stores near me they do, I thought it was kind of weird.

Back
Top Bottom