Dell laptop Screen

dj icea

Baseband Member
i have a dell inspiron e1705 i just switched it on and the screen was messed up have a look ate the images below and please tell me what the problem is and how i can fix it thanks in advance

20080131911.jpg

20080131912.jpg

hold the power button so your laptop is completly off then start up computer .
then if the screen doesnt come up it will boot .
if it does . click last knowen config that worked

try booting it up in safe mode (or normally) and restart it correctly (Start>Turn off computer>Turn Off)
Wait for it to completely shut down (black screen and no lights on) wait a few seconds, and turn it back on again.

This screen is very common. It just means that windows did not shut down properly (like the power chord was unplugged or it was shut down "the hard way") and you just need to make sure to shutdown/restart properly.

i am not on about the safe mode ect i am on about the bottem part of the screen as it has gone and cannot see what is meant to be there

I ran into this on my Vaio. Even when you try all the options the screen gives you, it still keeps coming up with the same black screen and the same options. If this has happened to you, I truly feel your pain. I wanted to throw my computer out the window and burn it.

After doing research, this endless reboot loop was linked to Service Pack 2 for XP.

Ultimately, I had to format and reinstall everything. You may have to do that. If so, I found that my partition was still intact and that everything on that drive survived...so put important files there for next time (though backing up onto a CD/floppy is preferred).

The choice to update to Service Pack 2 after the format is yours, of course. I did so out of necessity. 2 months later, I got the same screen again and had to format. Again, I'm on service pack 2 on the Vaio and it hasn't happened...yet.

Go to google.com and type in 'Windows XP reboot loop'...there will be a lot more info there.

Can you guys not see that it's happening in the BIOS also?

It's the screen, its shot.

so there is nothing i can do to make it work properly so i can see the full screen???

Back
Top Bottom