gateway only selling AMD now

Just another punch at Intel. Won't do much but bruise...they still have numerous OEMs using their microprocessors and Gateway isn't a big OEM to begin with. Now if Dell or HP went AMD exclusive...that would be big.

Nothing to write home about. This won't even dent Intel's growth and strength in the market.

Bye-bye Gateway (Countdown: 17 months :))

thats stupid... y wouldnt you offer intel...
dont call my stupid but if gateway owned by Microsoft? u no gate...bill gates

What a strange decision... Obviously AMD paid them an awful lot of money to do so. Something I don't think is right in the first place, to gain first hand.
Is AMD scared or what?

I don't see this as a terrible decision. Think about it. Gateway is clearly going to get kickbacks and cheaper prices on AMD processors then anyone else can get.

And Gateway doesn't really have a strong line-up of super-powerful computers. So they can now offer mid-range computers like they always have at a lower price.

thats stupid... y wouldnt you offer intel...
dont call my stupid but if gateway owned by Microsoft? u no gate...bill gates

well think about it, does the average consumer (obviously not portrayed by us cf'ers) really care whether they have amd or intel? all they care about is if they can get online and check email, which amd is perfect for that, cheap powerful dual core processors perfect for the average consumer who doesnt care. now i do care, i prefer amd, simply because im only making 7/hr. right now its not a big possibility for me to go to a high end intel system, which is why i stick with amd...

Back
Top Bottom