Realisticly,How do YOU See the Future of computers in the next 5 or 10 years?

sry what i really meant to say was laptops merged with a phone like that, with internet that comes for free with the cellphone bill and stuff like that

Neodude I like your predictions.

I see the standard monitor size hitting 22" easily. Computer towers will get smaller, sleeker and offer more "style" for the buyer. I think companies will begin to focus more on efficiency and ability of their components rather than raw power and size. Just like how multi-core processors replaced single-core processors, this will continue to be the trend for many other parts to come. You won't need to have three video cards SLI'd to have the best graphics for games.

I also see huge, affordable hard drives popping up in the near future. 2, 4, 5 TB storage for affordable prices.

Oh, and something nobody touched on yet... I have a feeling that touchscreen monitors will be leading the industry in 5-10 years. Bigtime. Moving icons around with your fingers, resizing windows/photos with pinching (like on our iPhones) etc.

Its gonna be fun :)

Those are all nice predictions.

Unfortunately none of them will come true, b/c the world is going to end in 2012.

^ Whats that? Is That SATA Connections but at 600mbs?

well pretty much yeah

"6 Gbps, yielding an effective data transfer rate of 4.8 Gbps, or 600 MBps (SATA/600). "

but its unlikely to become effective any time soon because no current drive technology can support it,

personally i think we will all move to SSD drives before sata makes it big

Back
Top Bottom