Connecting The Power Supply

Okay scratch that, I'm reading all over the place that the 8600GTS uses two of the supplemental power connections that plug into the mobo I think.

I'll keep looking.. someone should chime in who has experience with this card.

It comes with a plug with one end with a 4 pin connector that goes into something and the other end is split into two plugs which have two 4 pin connectors that are slots that something has to plug in to.

Which plugs in the power supply are for the LEDS?

Yeah, as neo just mentioned and as I previously pointed out in my post, they don't have anything to do with the power supply.

Neo, care to comment on the GPU power connections?

Yeah, as neo just mentioned and as I previously pointed out in my post, they don't have anything to do with the power supply.

Neo, care to comment on the GPU power connections?

Then which LEDs should i connect and where? the power supply has an LED lighting system inside it too http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2522440&CatId=1483
EDIT: This is nerve-racking..., i have to sleep so please just tell me some helpful info and i'll come back in the morning and get happy seeing the solution!

My 8600GT Doesnt have the Power needs the 8600GTS Does,But here is my best shot :D

Your 8600GTS SHOULD Have a 4 pin Plug on it,Simply plug in a 4 pin molex plug into it and your good to go :)

The LEDs in the power supply light up when the power supply is turned on. There is nothing extra that needs to be connected to make them work.

Everything you need to know about where to plug in the wires to your motherboard is located in your motherboard's manual.

My 8600GT Doesnt have the Power needs the 8600GTS Does,But here is my best shot :D

Your 8600GTS SHOULD Have a 4 pin Plug on it,Simply plug in a 4 pin molex plug into it and your good to go :)

a 4 pin molex plug from the power supply? or motherboard?

Okay thanks for all your help guys, just realized i had a manual and connected all that was needed. Now i have to connect the Front Buttons and LED's for the case. Where do i plug those in?

Back
Top Bottom