Connecting The Power Supply

Thanks a lot...But im still kinda confused.. In the twelfth picture my motherboard has a slot like that right next to the memory slots...Do i just leave it empty?
Also how do i plug in the video cards power? I heard it had something to do with rails or something, im kinda lost

don't mean to cut off neodude, but I think you're referring to the floppy drive atx connection. disregard that.

What about the LEDS in The Power Supply? What plug powers them? And what about the power supplies fan, which plug for it?

do the fans connect to the little white three pin slots on the motherboard?
EDIT: theres also an 8 pin slot on the motherboard and an 8 pin plug which fits...Does it need to go in there? what does it do?

Jashan, we're trying to help you as much as we can. I'm sure some of the members here are researching your problem.

In the mean time, please don't forget that this is a community forum, and not a bell desk. So if we don't answer you in exactly 5 minutes, don't panic. :)

Jashan, we're trying to help you as much as we can. I'm sure some of the members here are researching your problem.

In the mean time, please don't forget that this is a community forum, and not a bell desk. So if we don't answer you in exactly 5 minutes, don't panic. :)

Lol, sorry about that. I just got the computer parts in the mail and am very excited to get it finished. Just wondering if i need to plug in seperate plugs from the power supply to the motherboard for the LEDS in the power supply and if i need to plug in something from the video card(EVGA 8600 GTS) to the motherboard.

Lol, sorry about that. I just got the computer parts in the mail and am very excited to get it finished. Just wondering if i need to plug in seperate plugs from the power supply to the motherboard for the LEDS in the power supply and if i need to plug in something from the video card(EVGA 8600 GTS) to the motherboard.

Its all good, I know exactly what you mean. When all my parts arrived, I probably looked happier than Michael Jackson at an elementary school playground. :D

Regarding the LEDs, yes, they plug into the motherboard like mine did. I think they don't have anything to do with the HD (Hm...trying to remember here.)

As far as the video card goes, I don't think the 8600 requires any extra power. I'll double check for ya.

Okay scratch that, I'm reading all over the place that the 8600GTS uses two of the supplemental power connections that plug into the mobo I think.

I'll keep looking.. someone should chime in who has experience with this card.

Its all good, I know exactly what you mean. When all my parts arrived, I probably looked happier than Michael Jackson at an elementary school playground. :D

Regarding the LEDs, yes, they plug into the motherboard like mine did. I think they don't have anything to do with the HD (Hm...trying to remember here.)

As far as the video card goes, I don't think the 8600 requires any extra power. I'll double check for ya.

Which plugs in the power supply are for the LEDS?

Back
Top Bottom