Realisticly,How do YOU See the Future of computers in the next 5 or 10 years?

Im Just Doing my Computer course and this question was asked and i thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss.

This was my answer:

Realistically? I See Computers getting smaller and smaller (E.g. the Asus EEEPC and the Macbook air) and ITX Motherboards becoming the standard for all desktop pc's.Everything will become Wireless (Except the internals of the PC) From Wireless internet to Wireless monitors. Processors will be standard Quad Core, And most High end Processors will have eight cores! DDR3 Will be the RAM Standard as PCIE 2.0 and USB 3.0 Will all be the standard for all motherboards. All Graphics card will no longer output to VGA (Standard D-sub) but will output via DVI and HDMI.All Disc based media will be Blu-Ray as DVD's and CD's will become as the floppy disk is today,Obsolete.Parallel Ports and Serial ports will no longer be used on motherboards. Dial up Internet will be shutdown (Like CDMA) and Broadband internet will be the industry standard.Also, IDE will be replaced with SATA.

well i think that we will be able to reach lower nanometer technologies, and since the human brain operates at 12ghz, we will be able to create a computer that is able to think as inteligently as a human

lol all that stuff you noted, i believe will happen in the next 2 years. and CDMA is not dying... :(

ide is already replaced with sata...

no, im not being sarcastic. 2/3 of the providers in canada use cdma....but since we have only 3 providers...you figure out the rest :p

I see desktop computers staying pretty much the same in design, but you'll just have better hardware.

Fan based cooling I think would be a thing of the past. Either water cooling, or some other type of cooling method not in use yet, or not even invented yet.

More powerful, but more efficent chips, will mean that less heat will be collected in the first place, since with the ever smaller nano technology, you'll expect massive amounts of power to be used instead on clocks, instead of heat.

Just think, most of that wattage your powering into your system now, turns into heat... its a waste, so I'm sure smaller nano technologies will surpass this in time, with all these new materials that are coming into play.

We may also see new ways of talking and playing on a PC, either it be a game or simply the interface. Its quite a push to say this, but maybe even a new type of screen.

Still, like you get now with retro gamers, you'll expect people will still want to play old 3D games, plus ones of 10-20 years ago (ours we have now basically), unless they just are forgotten about. Old old games, like Megadrives, snes's will never be in my opinion.
So, you'd still need support for older mice/keyboards, if these were ever replaced.

But yeah, I don't see a massive change in this, but in speed, etc, I do.

We'll see more cores of course, and I see graphics getting better and better, with maybe an upgradable GFX card, with chips upgradable when DX settles down, and they can't really add much more in the way of instructions.

The Dreamcast for example was going to get a replacement video chip, to fit into that extension port that was never used, but something must have happened to the idea.

But yeah, thats my idea.

I definietly see changes in how we access, and how data might be stored also.

i'd say that the avrage ram in a computer will be 4-6gb, everyone will have quad cores atleast, possibly some powerful dual cores, mabie some better cooling, also prices of now days stuff will be dirt cheap and worthless, laptops will be in as little as a phone with atleast 80gb hd's possibly 150gb, and 1gb ram!

laptops will be in as little as a phone with atleast 80gb hd's possibly 150gb, and 1gb ram!
why would u possibly even need a laptop the size of a phone with a 80gb hard drive? or even 1gb of ram... you wouldnt be able to do anything worthwhile on it either way

Back
Top Bottom