Match memory to MB listings only?

if i'm just working on putting together my parts list for a new build and i've been back and forth about a few things so i kind of want to make sure it will last for a while so i may look at pci-e 2.0 and ddr3 ram. been debating other choices like 64-bit vista vs. 32-bit, and core 2 duo vs. quad....choices, choices...plus, have to keep a budget in mind.

well, i would like <$500, but can't get the parts i want for that...the builds i've been piecing together with the E8400, 8600GT, 2GB ram, have been coming in about $800 so far.

i would like to spend a little as possible, but i also know that i'm not going to be happy with a slow computer either, especially if i spend my money to build a new one just to get an updated faster computer than what i'm on now.

do you think it would be worth it to get the 1066 speed memory over the 800 since the board supports it? and i see you have to ddr3, should i even be looking at that so i'm not upgrading in another year?
Yep go 1066MHz when you do, DDR3 will be cheaper in a year or so, but at present it is insanely expensive, these two sticks are worth ~$A600, there is no way I would have paid that much for them, I wouldn't have this pc if I hadn't won that memory, the m/board was $A300+ as it was.

go for it.

True u have like teh best computer ever. a quad a 8800GTS and DDR3 damn. it should have a name, hows TEH L33T 0N3?
Wait until I get a QX9650 ;)

My pc is called Quad

thanks for picking some parts, but with all the core 2 duo hype, i was going to try and go with one of those cpu's from that line...also, my builds were also including a case, psu, dvd burner, and vista. maybe i'll start looking at amd though...really havent looked at them much, and i like that mb because it has firewire which the p35 doesn't have on it. and, although i've been putting together some wish-list computer builds, i still haven't completely counted out getting a laptop which i would kind of like to get instead perhaps...i just hate spending more for less, even if you do gain mobility, it still bugs the hell out of me.

and thanks for the ram advise true folder,,i'll go the 1066 route if i do go through with a desktop build.

Back
Top Bottom