BIOS option question: HT LINK FREQUENCY

Adventure Man

Solid State Member
hi guys, I recently purchased a Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard. I have installed an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor. It has DDR2-800 4 gigs of ram. In the bios there is an option for "HT Link Frequency" with options of Auto,200,400,600, 800 and 1000 mhz.

Just wondering where it should be and what it is/does? I have it on auto, but this motherboard is not trustworthy in my opinion and I'd like to manually set all the options myself.

Don't know much about it, but I'd leave it on auto.

Cust curious, though... why isn't the monitor trustworthy? Did it cheat on your CPU? :)

Don't know much about it, but I'd leave it on auto.

Cust curious, though... why isn't the monitor trustworthy? Did it cheat on your CPU? :)

well it didn't assign the correct speed to my ram had to go adjust it and it kept defaulting to the slowest ram speed. Finally fixed it but that's what made me start to check the rest of the options lol

I saw HT Link Frequency and the manual didn't give too much info on it. Thought I'd see what the community thought.

HT (Hyper Transport) is the AMD equivilent of Intels HT (Hyper Threading)

I don't know details as I only ever use Intel but I'm sure Google will provide information for you, try Googling an overclocking guide for your board, that will most likely provide some insight into which settings to use.

HT (Hyper Transport) is the AMD equivilent of Intels HT (Hyper Threading)

I don't know details as I only ever use Intel but I'm sure Google will provide information for you, try Googling an overclocking guide for your board, that will most likely provide some insight into which settings to use.

i had an intel with HT, I don't ever remember having to change or any option that allowed speed changes to this. I guess that is why this strikes me as unusual. I've been told that 1000mhz, haven't gotten a reason yet lol that's what I'm looking for. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom