Sticky thread idea!..JUST an idea though

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Here's just an idea that popped into my head. We could possibly make either a sticky thread or a subcategory for threads that have not had their problems/questions solved AND have not had a reply in XX days..this could help eliminate users posting multiple threads and such to get their post "back on top"....just a thought

what do we all think on this...?

I'll post a poll for an overall look in case some care to not comment...

yes...i dunno how the whole sticky thing works but depending on options either users would have to submit the link to their thread into the sticky as a reply or send a message privately to a mod (and whoever gets that job might not be happy to update a thread all the time)

who knows..i was just in my 'idea mode' ;-P

you and I must be the only ones up at this hour cryman lol because we are basically having conversations on here and either no one else cares or they are all sleeping..speaking of sleep..im going to bed..have a good one!!

I don't think it would be a good idea, alot of members just sign up ask a question and leave.

If there question isn't answered in like a day or so they usually leave also.

Also, the whole front page would be all sticky.
and if there question doesn't get answered obviously no one wanted to help, or just didn't know the answer.

So if we just stickie it, it will just sit there.

although it does sound reasonable, the whole idea of the bump option is to do exactly that...bring up the thread to the top to get recognized for a reply.

but just remember that you can only bump up the thread once per day.

hope than helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom