Overclock? tower fan? i'm cheap? yes.

ashaiba

In Runtime
I'm extremly limited on money, i can spend about 2 dollars right now.

Is it worth overclocking my Pentium 4 with HT 2.99ghz.

how much should i overclock it, i already overclocked my video card so it produces a load of heat.

What I do whenever it gets really hot I stick this average tower fan in my comptuer and it lowers the temp about 20C. Should I overclock my computer and is there any way to make my computer less hot and be faster.

PS. can you overclock ram?? lawlz

no, don't OC your cpu. not worth the issues it will cause.
you can cool better with more system fans.

you can OC ram but i wouldn't suggest it.

Well, the performance of my PC is realllllly slow and annoying. Thats why im considring it. and everytime i modify the OS or software it f***s my computer up.

Does anyone have suggestions on increasing the performance of my PC?

I have overclocked a p4 2.80 to 3.11 ghz with no extra cooling.
that should give you some guidelines to see how far you can go.
btw i did the 2.80 to 3.11 withoout raising voltage.

ccleaner
spybot
avg

should run a lot betterrrr

if not a good ol reformatt helps out :D

the p4 i have inside is only 1.8ghz with 512 ram and its running pretty damn good i just clean it up every few weeks

thanks. also
TweakXP helps a lot.
i just tweaked and overclocked my pc a lil. and its AMAZING now.

boot speed is less then 8 seconds!!!

I'm extremly limited on money, i can spend about 2 dollars right now.

Is it worth overclocking my Pentium 4 with HT 2.99ghz.

how much should i overclock it, i already overclocked my video card so it produces a s*** load of heat.

What I do whenever it gets really hot I stick this average tower fan in my comptuer and it lowers the temp about 20C. Should I overclock my computer and is there any way to make my computer less hot and be faster.

PS. can you overclock ram?? lawlz

I would watch the language before Celegorm or the other mods get on your rear!.....you should read the announcements above the sticky threads next time..you've been warned by me..now it's up to the mods...next time I can't say that I won't report you..this is of course a family site as noted in Celegorm's announcement!

I would watch the language before Celegorm or the other mods get on your rear!.....you should read the announcements above the sticky threads next time..you've been warned by me..now it's up to the mods...next time I can't say that I won't report you..this is of course a family site as noted in Celegorm's announcement!

Wow..

Back
Top Bottom