best video card on the market you think?

LOL! ATI had to add a second GPU to their top of the line card in order to equal or slightly surpass the 8800 Ultra. We all know that if Nvidia releases a 8800 GX2, it's game over for the 3850 X2.

I didn't see any requirements, so I voted on best bang for your buck. 8800GT.

woah but you have to have alot of cash to do that!!! YOu could get the rest of your rigs componets for that!!

The 8800 Ultra core clock is at 684 mhz. But because of the watercooling solution, it would be almost impossible to have them in SLI.

LOL! ATI had to add a second GPU to their top of the line card in order to equal or slightly surpass the 8800 Ultra. We all know that if Nvidia releases a 8800 GX2, it's game over for the 3850 X2.

Yeah, but the beauty of the 3850 X2 is how efficient AMD/ATI made it. You don't need a CrossFire motherboard, it uses a single PCI-E slot, there are no driver issues and it's really smooth. It's everything that NVIDIA has tried but has failed, whereas ATI has actually succeeded.

Remember the 7950 GX2? What a mess that was...

I have read nothing but good reviews about the 7950 GX2. It was a bit pricey though and the only real knock I heard about it was that they had a bit of a driver issue when running them in Quad-SLI early on.

Driver support was horrendous. It was a great piece of hardware, but the software just wasn't there.

The 3850 X2 is definately a step up. For the better. Even if it is two slower GPUs stuck on a PCB, I applaud ATI for the execution of such a card.

My dads 8300GS owns all of them!!!........not

I think the 8800GTX is the best right now

Back
Top Bottom