Quick Help Please! Computer Posts With 3gb Of Ram In But Not 4gb!

atomic...click the link you posted my mobo is not under the drop down menu once i select lga775...p5n is not an option...so i typed in p5n-e sli in the download search menu, and like i said when it comes up...the only thing under bios utilities is the phoenix award tool...no winflash what so ever!

Ok. I see now. You're looking for Winflash. I mistakingly told you that was what the program name was.

You need to get the BIOS utility that says "ASUS Update V7.10.05 Install Program for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista & Windows 64bit XP/2003/Vista".

Sorry for the confusion. :eek:

omfg i feel brain dead and dumb right now atomic..im extremely sorry about my pesky questions...I FRIGGIN HAVE IT INSTALLED ALREADY!....jeepers..however..should i go ahead and update it..my current version of asusupdate is 7.09.02...the new one you linked me to is 7.10.05

LOL! Scroll down a little farther in the "Select Model" menu. The P5N32-E SLI is a little farther down the list. :D

Edit -

LOL x2! Yea, just use the one you already have.;)

Good Lord, my friend do i feel dumb right now...but um yes after i finally found my mobo though, the one i have installed is the latest..because I have just the regular p5n-e....not the p5n32-e....so i guess i just use the one that i have installed now then eh?

The one you have will work just fine. Just make sure to turn off all programs that may be running in the background first. Like virus scanners, etc. :D

yup i've read up on that already on google so i think i'm good to go.....um i've heard somewhere that you shouldn't make big bios jumps but is it really a big f'in deal? cuz the more you flash the more chance of something going wrong, you'd think you'd just wanna do it once....

also when all is said and done after i get it flashed, do i want to clear cmos after first reboot?

The "big BIOS jumps" is a bunch of hooie. The latest BIOS contains all the updates from previous updates.

I'm not sure if you'll need to clear the CMOS. I believe the program does the reset itself. It would be a good idea to go into the BIOS if you have any custom settings and check them over.

Back
Top Bottom