Skype Doesn't Cost ANYTHING, right?

Lord Mythirion

In Runtime
Ok, my parents want to make sure. using Skype-to-Skype, from US to korea costs nothing. zip. zilch. nada. videoing some family, making an account, calling, everything is free as long as we go Skype to skype. They are somewhat worried that a bill would come from videoing my family here and family in korea, so i have to tell them otherwise. thanks :D

FREE. If they ask for a credit card number, then maybe something is up, lol. Otherwise, how could they charge you if they wanted to?

FREE. If they ask for a credit card number, then maybe something is up, lol. Otherwise, how could they charge you if they wanted to?
They don't ask for billing information when you install the program. The only time you have to put in billing info is if you want to call a regular phone, then you have to put in billing info so you can add minutes to your account.

skype is just a chat program, it's free.

the only time that skype charges is when you use it's service to call a land line number.

There is absolutely no issue for skype to skype...doesn't matter where you are in the world...Even whenever I have video chat with clients on skype with my Rhubcom turbomeeting it doesn't cost them a penny provided I invited them to the conference..!

I have skype-in and skype-out
I LOVE IT
i paid about 50 total for the entire year...
comes with voicemail, landline calling, etc etc...

They give you a number, you kinda choose it when you buy the skype-IN package. I bought the 'PRO' for 36 bucks, but then i had to buy the number....how gay i thought. however you do get a whole year. its sweet.

Quality is pretty decent, it echoes sometimes, and cuts out occasionally.

I would recommend to configure your router settings with "quality of service (QoS) if you are doing alot of landline calling. The point is make sure the VoiP gets a decent amount of bandwith to be pretty clear. Im using it with my macbook with no router settings and its pretty good. I highly recommend. My house is gonna be all VoIP!!!!! haahah

Back
Top Bottom