Unable to see computers on the network

BrianS

In Runtime
All of a sudden, none of the 9 computers on the company network can see each other.Each computer used to have a Shared folder, Scan folder that was visible to everyone on the network. Also there is one server that hosts our Quickbooks, ACT! and UPS Worldship databases. Now nothing can be seen in "My Network Places" on any computer even though they still have access to the databases.

Any suggestions on what is going wrong? I am lost and I need to get those 2 computers up and running again.

yes, I can ping every computer and I have also checked to make sure that all the drivers are up to date.

I have tried that and I get an dialog saying:

Attempting to connect to \\10.0.1.26 (or whatever else the IP is. Ours range from 10.0.1.20-29)

then I get:

The network path \\10.0.1.26 could not be found

nope, the only firewall is outside of the router. not internally.

I hate to say it and feel so ashamed for even thinking of it, but I think I am going to call an outside company to come in tomorrow to look at it. Then again, this is not my expertises (Webdesign/Graphic Design is) so I shouldn't feel too bad.

Yeah, I hate to do it but I know when it is over my head. Since my last post, I have been able to get every computer to see every other computer except for the one that I had to replace the hard drive. It is on the network, has a connection to the internet, is on the same work group. Every computer can now ping and gets a response but it can not ping any of the other computers.

Yeah, I hate to do it but I know when it is over my head. Since my last post, I have been able to get every computer to see every other computer except for the one that I had to replace the hard drive. It is on the network, has a connection to the internet, is on the same work group. Every computer can now ping and gets a response but it can not ping any of the other computers.
Sounds like the computers are not on the same workgroup, or if you are using a domain controller, they are not members of the same domain and/or don't have the permissions to see computers on other domains in the tree.

Back
Top Bottom