32Bit OS's Only Recognize 3Gigs of RAM

eh....i don't think this is a sticky type thread IMHO...people may think my problem was related to this..however i'm smart enough to know that it was not....you have to realize that most people try google before they come here..as i did in my case...i knew that 32 bit os's only see 3.25gb's of ram..but i knew something was wrong when my comp wouldn't boot with 4 gigs...i was questioning the fact it would only recognize 3.25gb.....

at any rate, my main point is, i hardly ever see anyone asking why their computer only "sees" 3.25gb..in fact maybe once or twice at most..ever!...and on here, never have i seen that.....fact is that most people, like myself may have SIMILAR but not RELATED problems with RAM that has to do with the amount the OS recognizes..i mean for gosh sakes someone could just have a bad stick of ram and your sticky goes and tells them that it's "normal" to only see the amount they see...they shrug it off and are ripped off!!.......final point is that this type of problem should still be dealt with on a case-to-case basis!...

that's enough ranting for me this evening!..just my two cents..no harm intended...

Ghost u only have 60+ posts and have been here 10 days, i have 800+posts and have been here for like two months.

Wow...childish.

First of all, my post has nothing to do with "questioning" your reputation here, which is what you're trying to defend; it had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that I was OCing my machine and frankly I didn't care about the problem. Besides, I never found "many" people asking about the same thing anyway. There's more to the problem than what you're "thread" describes.

Secondly, length of time/post count means almost nothing, especially for a simple thread like this one. That's one thing many people on forums always forget.

Cheers,

Chris

Secondly, length of time/post count means almost nothing, especially for a simple thread like this one. That's one thing many people on forums always forget.

The EXACT reason i ditched my tomshardware forum account...nothing but people nagging on the noobs and NOT solving PROBLEMS that's why forums exist...friendly fanboy chatter and to help fix problems..none of this silly nonsense! much agreed GhostGT!!! ..much agreed *sigh of relief*

keep it real here people it's not like someone is bill gates talking down to the rest of the world..we are real people..let's try and act civil..man if anyone heads to tomshardware, Heaven forbid, have fun trying to start an account and NOT get hell from everyone there....perfect example of what this site should NOT turn into..because frankly this site has probably save me a lot of cash!

this should be in the suggestions forum Zkilla...you have been here 2 months so you should know that

Well how ever you slice or dice it the idea is a good one. Put it in your wiki and next time it comes up point the person asking to the entry in the wiki.

Wow...childish.

First of all, my post has nothing to do with "questioning" your reputation here, which is what you're trying to defend; it had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that I was OCing my machine and frankly I didn't care about the problem. Besides, I never found "many" people asking about the same thing anyway. There's more to the problem than what you're "thread" describes.

Cheers,

Chris

lol i like this new guy.who else likes him

well cryman, as long as you aren't being sarcastic..i think he is one with a brain on him! totally agree with his statements

Back
Top Bottom