Quick Help Please! Computer Posts With 3gb Of Ram In But Not 4gb!

32bit OS's either XP or Vista will only see roughly 3 gigs. It's slightly more but nowhere near 4 gigs. If you want to see all 4 gigs go with a 64 bit version and quit screwing arounds with voltages and timings, as it has nothing to do with it.

no no....i know that!...that's not my point..it won't even BOOT with all 4 sticks in...I don't care if doesn't see all 4gb ...i already know that....but my system will boot with 3gb, but not 4gb..and i've already tested both sticks if you read the rest of my posts.....it might be voltage..i'm trying it out tomorrow to see....it SHOULD boot with 4gb..i know it won't READ 4gb..that's beyond my point and over bill gates head for designing his s*** like that but anyways..i just want to be able to not have to take a stick out every time i wanna switch between xp and linux...jeepers..

setishock..if only things would just "work" ha ha ha!..but then i guess there would be a lot of people out of jobs :p

oh yeah..i figured out the 3gb switch thing too..just forgot to reply back because i was doing memtests....its for server editions, not xp pro...

Back
Top Bottom