3DMark0-SH*T

I set NVIDIA to "Performance," and I set the theme to Windows Classic.

here's a detailed read-out of the test.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

Untitled5.jpg

Untitled6.jpg

if you OC to 3 tomoz . do the test again and see what happends.

Yeah, i'm gonna go knock out now. Its almost 3am here and i've got school.

What I don't understand, though, is that I'm ASSUMING I should be getting a higher score, and so far, I haven't found an explanation for it. My target was and still is around 13,000, and that's pretty realistic IMO. I want to know what is causing this! What is my bottlenecK! loll

Anyway, hopefully i'll find more answers here tomorrow. Gnite!

(Thanks again cryman)

....... What is my bottlenecK! loll .....

Well there would be Vista, all the processes you have running, your cpu oc is too low to be thinking 13K, you haven't even oc'd your video card yet that I can see, for starters.

EDIT: I did a run this morning while it was cooler, cracked 14K but still behind you cryman, I've got some oc in reserve, I reckon this cpu will do better than 3.6GHz on this board, I'm only at 1.45v vcore at 3.6GHz whereas the P5K took 1.55v to run at 3.6GHz.

I reckon I can get 3.8 :D, maybe even 4GHz :eek:

Compare link

:)

@ GhostGT, what voltage are you running through your cpu? is it still set to Auto? if so you could probably drop it down to 1.125v at 2.8GHz, 1.3v for 3.0GHz, this will lower your temperatures as the Auto setting normally supplies a higher voltage than is actually required resulting in elevated temperatures.

Higher resolution would make the score lower...
Yes that's true but for the sake of comparison the "standard" resolution used by overclockers for HWbot etc is 1280x1024, if you wanted to dick around with LOD etc and run it at 600x400 your scores will be higher for sure but you'd get laughed out of forums such as Guru3D for doing so.

well im still at 3.2 . what temps are you seeing at 3.6ghz 1.45 vcore
That's your card for you, I'm tempted to upgrade to the G92 GTS 512MB yet hesitant because I want a 9xxx series when they're released (supposedly in a couple of weeks, mid Feb last I heard)

Temps at 3.6GHz are idle ~38-38-36-36, load 66-66-64-64

I'm thinking 3.8GHz will push me up close to around 70°C, I might chuck another fan on the back of the TU120e for increased airflow through the fins.

That's your card for you, I'm tempted to upgrade to the G92 GTS 640MB yet hesitant because I want a 9xxx series when they're released (supposedly in a couple of weeks, mid Feb last I heard)
640 Is the G80 core.
9000 series is delayed till April at least except for the 9600 which is delayed till late February.

Typo, my bad I meant 8800GTS 512MB, fixed the original post

Release dates seem to be all over the place at present, speculation is rife lol

Back
Top Bottom